Pre-order quote only. A quote link will be sant later.
Get professional, repeatable results with this 14-karat yellow gold casting grain. Formulated with deoxidants so you can mix 50% casting scrap with new grain and still get good results. Special additives help prevent firescale and ensure a bright gold color.
Because it is professionally produced, you can count on consistent, repeatable quality and composition over time.
Sold by the gram, minimum purchase is 2 gram
Any casting method.
Casting and Cleaning
In general, your casting temperature should be 100˚F (37.7˚C) above the liquidus point (somewhat hotter if the castings are intricate). Use a small amount of high-quality flux when melting with an open flame. We recommend Matt’s Casting Flux™. For further cleaning, mechanical means are recommended.
If you plan to re-use gold castings, remove the copper oxides from the surface in a pickling solution or by mechanical means. We recommend a minimum 1:1 ratio of new grain to used gold. All re-used gold should be clean and free of debris.
All ingredients are kept in an oxygen-reduced atmosphere during the melting and pouring process to ensure optimum deoxidation.
- Form: Casting grain
- Metal Type: Gold
- Metal Color: Yellow
- Karat: 14K
- Liquidus Temperature: 1,605°F (874°C)
- Solidus Temperature: 1,467°F (797°C)
- Specific Gravity: 13
- Country Of Origin: United States
• Composition: Gold, copper, silver, zinc and silicon
• Due to the manufacturing process of casting grain, the grain will vary in shape and size.
• For more information regarding the use or composition of this material, please refer to the reference sheet provided below.
• We strive to measure quantities ordered as closely as possible; however, due to manufacturing tolerances at the mill, please allow for a ±10% variance when ordering.